Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Celebrations!

Ashlyn with her Pappa Doc
My baby brother, Jon and his son, Carson visiting us recently.
My brother Jim and two of his children, Jay and Jack at Water Color on our family vacation last Summer.
Tammy, Lisa, Me, Sherry on a girls night out at Carrabba's. We had a great time as usual!
My new flowers for our dining room table.
Happy 21st birthday Brittney!!
Brittney at her first birthday party.
Dad & Mom celebrating Father's and Mother's Day.
My fella - great husband and father!!

Hi everyone! I'm writing this in the midst of a Summer storm; so I'll type quick; read quick!! I hope you all have had a great week! Things are good here. We miss Tim so much; he is in the Amazon on a missions trip. He has called about three times and there have been over 500 saved and we praise the Lord for that. We can't wait to see him; I'll post some pictures of the trip soon.
There are a few things going on this week/weekend. First, today is our oldest daughters birthday. Happy 21st Birthday to you, Brittney. It seems impossible she is 21. I remember the day I found out we were expecting; the day they laid her in my arms for the first time. She is in Virginia; so I had one of her friends, Jen, deliver her the birthday cookie/balloons we got for her. She had a desk full of goodies, gifts from friends, work. People took her out for her birthday at lunch. We'll celebrate more when she is home next month!! We love you honey and are very proud of you!
This Sunday is Father's Day. It made me begin to think of the men that the Lord has placed in my life. I'll begin with Mom's Father, Paul Denney. He died when I was ten but I remember him very much. They lived on a farm in Georgia and he was a hard worker. He had a big tractor he drove but he wouldn't let the granddaughters on it (I wasn't happy either). It was only for the grandsons! I look forward to seeing him in Heaven. Next is my Dad's Father, Clarence Vines. He died almost three years ago quickly. He was a pistol; he loved Southern Gospel music and he/Granny went from singing to singing. He was a bright spot in my life; I'll never be the same without him on this earth; Heaven will be amazing. This man loved life, he laughed all the time and made us laugh all the time.
Next is my Dad. What a man! He is an amazing man in my life. God knew exactly what I needed in a Father. I certainly can't do him justice in a blog except to say how much I love him and how proud I am of him. He was a Pastor and I've seen him in many situations and I have never, ever seen him act unbecoming and that left a mark in my life. What people saw in the pulpit was what was at home. Not perfection; just real. To treat people kindly as best as we're able to. I strive to do that in my life. There are many memories from growing up; sweet, fun times. I am so glad he is my Dad and I love him dearly and will tell him again these things!
Next is Tim's Dad. Tim's Dad is an Evangelist. Tim was born into a Godly home. We have a wonderful heritage. Tim has a wonderful Father.
Next is my brother, Jim. I am the oldest; then the twins were born, then Jon. Jim/Jodi/I are 18 months apart (my poor Mother!!). Jim and I fussed and fussed as little kids; I "was" the oldest, you know. He didn't care :) He is a great man with four children who adore him. I honor him this weekend too.
Next is my baby brother, Jon. I was six when he was born. I am his second Mother (so I'm told). He's a mess; so loveable. He is Daddy to Carson, almost three who clearly looks just like him and squeals with excitement when he sees his Daddy. Happy Father's Day Jon!
I saved my Tim for last. You date someone and think they will be a good Daddy; you watch them with children; hoping, searching for someone to treat you like your Daddy did. I found that man when I met Tim. See, we met at church and dated/married in 11 months. I knew he was a good man but the longer we're together; the more I realize how blessed and honored I am to have him as my husband and the father of my children. He is a wonderful Daddy to little girls. He played Barbie's, Pretty Pretty Princess, taught them to ride bikes, wiped tears during teen years, was at every game to watch them cheer or play basketball (unless gone preaching). He's a hands-on Dad. Our girls adore their Father and so do I. Happy Father's Day Tim. We are blessed.
Went out with some girlfriends last night for dinner. Lisa and I shopped all day and I mean it was a marathon shop day! Whew! We started losing steam and then met up with Sherry and Tammy (sisters) at Carrabba's and got rejuvenated. Lisa is new to our church and her family is precious. She has a daughter Ashlyn's age and a junior high son. She is a "Minister's Kid" from Jacksonville, Alabama and we clicked/bonded real quick. We had a great time. I'm thankful for my friends!
This is silly compared to the rest I've written ... but ... I did buy a new dining room table centerpiece this week. I hope you like it!
Honor your Father's this weekend. Begin with thanking our Heavenly Father for all He's done in our lives. I hope you have a good rest of the week.

5 comments:

amy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

A PK...and a minister's wife? Oh wow!! :-) I was not a PK and was fearful that I might "have to" marry a preacher (second only to my first fear of marrying a farmer!!!) My husband is a great speaker and did fill in for our pastor before wemoved away but his first calling is teaching and I am grateful! Kudos to you!!! LOL

Tamara said...

Hey Joy! I just found your blog....by accident. Loved seeing all the pics! The girls are beautiful and you all look so happy! Loved seeing pics of Carson. Last time I saw him, he was only one. Glad that he and Jon got up to see you and spend time with you. Of course, I enjoyed looking at all the graduation pics, especially the one of Chuck....hee hee! Enjoyed the blog and wanted you to know. Love you and miss you. Tell Tim, the girls and your parents that Dennis, Hannah and I say hello!

Joy said...

Hey girl - you need to do you a blog. It is soooo much fun. You are my little Chuck Norris stalker!! Tell Dennis hello and kiss Hannah for me :) Love you - Joy

Jon said...

Tim deserved to be last. :-)

Joy said...

Fiesty, aren't you?!? I saved the best for last :)