Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm Alive!!



I know I haven't blogged much this week. It's been a busy week! Tim just got home from revival in Georgia; he had a great week. I have been working at Ashlyn's school some in the front office. I enjoy it alot. I love the kids; there is so many chances to minister, listen to teenagers. All because it's a Christian school does not mean they are all from Christian homes. I hear, see some sad situations and it burdens my heart. Ashlyn has had a stressful week. She's been disciplining a new Christian who has many, many problems. We began noticing it was taken a toll on Ash and began talking/praying with her about it. It breaks my heart to even think about what this young girl is dealing with. While we are trying to be a good, Christian example, we've had to distance Ashlyn from this girl and it's so sad. Ash is worn out emotionally. My heart has been burdened this week. I want to make it all go away for this girl but I know only the Lord can help her. Our Ash loves her friends so deeply and it hurts her but she's learned a valuable lesson this past week about where to draw a line with helping a friend. You can be there for a person, pray with/for a person, but you can't let them consume you totally. I just uplift this sweet girl to the Lord because without Jesus she'll never make it.

Our oldest is getting ready to graduate in a few weeks from Liberty. She has so many things going on. She is handling things beautifully. She has some job offers that she is praying over. I can't believe she'll be completely "on her own" soon. Even though she's lived away during her college years; we always were still in large part responsible for her financially and now that will change and it's an odd feeling. Not that we would never help her; please ... :) but those strings will be cut more and is she ready? Have I taught her everything she needs to know to make it in this world? I sure hope so. She is so driven and a such a hard worker; I know she will make someone a wonderful employee. I can't share just yet what the job situations might be; soon ... It's just another gentle reminder of "giving her back again" to the Lord and trusting Him totally with our girls lives.

Check out my cute new shoes from Payless. I love to shop; I'm a shopper. LOVE IT! I buy from all over the place. These are so cute and so comfortable. I wore them to church last night with khaki colored capri pants, a brown jacket and tank underneath. I got so many compliments on them.

Ashlyn and I are heading out to shop in Birmingham on Saturday. Tim flies out for a Board Meeting in Dallas.

We head to the beach in about two weeks for Spring Break. Ashlyn's youth choir will be on choir tour the first 1/2 of the week; then we head to Perdido Beach - HEAVEN!

Check out my cute shoes above and I got my hair cut!

I'll leave you with something I read this week that ministered to my heart. "In the midst of the darkness you will learn lessons you might never have learned in the day. We all have seen dreams turn to ashes - ugly things, hopeless experiences - but beauty for ashes is God's exchange. Offer yourself to God and ask for a spirit of praise so your whole being will be restored."

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love the haircut and love the shoes!!! Retail therapy---I'm in need of some!

I have some wedge straw-like sandals that I just love! So summery!

See you in the morning!