Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Break take me awaaaaaayyyyy!













Hi everybody! It's been another busy week. I worked up at the school two days; then ran around like a crazy person the other days. So much has been going on and is coming up. I have posted several pictures of various things for fun. Last weekend Ashlyn and I went shopping in Birmingham at the Galleria. We made a day of it and then stopped in Alabaster on the way home and shopped at the Old Navy. We had fun! Tim and I joined the choir. I've been in the choir most of my days. I got out of it for about a year and a half. It was nice to be back.

I began addressing Brittney's grad invitations this week and I had a hard time. We are so very proud of her; she has accomplished so much in her college years. She's been offered two jobs; blog on that coming later. The Lord has opened up some really neat doors for her. I'm grappling with "is my work done?" I hope so; I hope not. I hope so in that we've raised her to be a strong, independent young lady and that she is. She loves the Lord, lives for Him. The Lord has amazing things in store for her. Anyway ... for some reason as I've been addressing these invitations, I keep seeing her as a little girl running to the car after school; ready to tell me all about her day. I would have a snack, juice pack ready and waiting in the car. You see, I didn't work as the girls have been going to school. No matter where you stand on that issue; I've counted it one of my greatest joys to be home. Have I missed the work force? Not on your life. I worked at home, thank you very much! Just this week as I was sadly thinking about how our girls are growing up; I heard Dennis Rainey on Family Life talking about a new book his wife, Barbara Rainey and Susan Yates have written called "Barbara and Susan's Guide To The Empty Nest". I know I've got two years until Ashlyn graduates; but I'm getting prepared. I ordered the book from Family Life. I've already got a buddy waiting in the wings to read it next!

These pictures show Ashlyn & I heading to Birmingham; we LOVE the cute way Victoria Secret decorates their store/dressing room area. I am showing you our new lamp, rug, Brittney's plates, silverware. Also is a picture of Brittney from her recent cruise.

Ashlyn leaves tomorrow for choir tour then we head to the beach for a few days. We are so ready and very excited! I'll share that when we return.

Tim & I spent the day together today. We have a new Tuesday Mornings. Ever heard of that place? I love it. Brittney is beginning to add some things for her apartment. She had found some plates at Kohls and was buying bit by bit. I found the bowls, cereal bowls today at Tuesday Mornings dirt cheap and found her some pretty silverware. We also found this pretty rug, lamp. We put the rug in our front entry way and our lamp in our gathering room.

Enjoy your weekend. Here is something neat I saw this week ... "When God permits His children to go through the furnace experiences of our lives, He keeps His eye on the clock - and His hand on the thermostat!" LOVE THAT. God bless your day! Think of me next week soaking up the rays and sipping on my Crystal-Light induced water on the Emerald Coast!

No comments: