Friday, March 14, 2008

Cool things





I found two really neat things this week. One is the Scotch Brite Cook Top Cleaner. It has a neat handle and pad; it removes stuck-on food, scrubs, cleans and polishes. I've not actually tried it yet; but my girlfriend loves hers. My cook top is pretty clean but I do have a slight "burnt" looking ring around one of mine; so I thought I'd try it. I'll let you know how I like it.

The second thing I found today. My hubby and I were at Stein Mart (our favorite store) and I was looking in the frame area and saw this ... it's so neat. It is called "Once Upon A Wall". It is vinyl lettering that appears to be hand-painted. Easy to apply and easy to remove. They had several different "statements" that you put on your wall and it gives your wall the look of words painted on your wall. I called our daughter Brittney. She's in the beginning throes of picking out colors for her apartment (fixing to be on her own and making her way in this world) ... can't start boohooing here ... that's coming ... anyway, I called her and told her about it. She was like "that is so great". I bought her one. Her wall word-mural will say "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." I love that saying! They have all types ... ones for babies rooms, kitchen, welcomes, one I am going to go back and get next week to put above my jacuzzi tub is "Relax" ... ahhh ... no problem there! They range from $14.99 to $19.99. I have posted a picture of what the container looks like. I can't wait to see it on Britt's wall. When I get the "Relax"; I'll take a picture and post it.

Everyone ready for Easter Sunday next weekend? Is it earlier this year? Seems like it. I gave Brittney her Easter basket last weekend while we were up there. She'll be with Ben's family for Easter. I prefer all my Easter "bunnies" with me :) Tim, Ash and I will spend it together. I've got a Easter menu planned: honey spiral ham, mashed potato bake, lima beans, cream corn, rolls, dessert.

I just threw in a recent picture of Ashlyn for fun!

We just had gotten word that a tornado had hit downtown Atlanta. I e-mailed my brother, Jon, and he, my brother Jim, Jim's son Jay who are from Tennessee had come down to watch the basketball championships. They were in the Georgia Dome when the tornado hit. Jon said it sounded like a war zone. They are fine; thankfully. He took some pictures from his cell phone and it was horrible.

Everyone have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh my! I saw the video of the tornado that hit Atlanta! I can't believe your brother(s) were there in the Dome! Scary! So glad they are fine and made it out okay.

You'll have to let me know if that Cook Top Cleaner works. I have some stains on mine too and I've tried everything!

Also, I've seen those things you put up on the wall and I LOVE them! They really do look hand-painted! How cool! Great price too!

I think we're going to go to Atlanta for a few days and spend some time with my mom. We're on Spring Break this week and with Gary working and low funds, couldn't really afford a beach trip! Oh well! Plus, hello! The price of gas lately??? Gee whiz!

Your Easter dinner sounds delish, but may I ask, who in the world plans that far ahead?! It's only Monday!!!

Love ya!
TK

Joy said...

Hey gal - glad you are feeling better. Have fun at your Mom's; tell her hello for me. I know ... I am a planner ... a new secret you know about me :) I function better! I'll let you know about the stove top cleaner. I can't wait to see how Brittney likes her new wall "mural" of words. I am missing ya - look forward to seeing you at church. Maybe we can get our guys to take us out to eat after church one Sunday soon. Be careful!

Love - Joy

Joy said...

I KNOW I KNOW ... I accidentally posted a message on my own blog. BLAAAAAA ...

Tracey said...

That's okay...I'll read it here too! ;-)