Wednesday, March 12, 2008

College visit









Hi everyone - hope the week is going well. All is great in Alabama! Ashlyn and I just returned from a fun weekend with Brittney in Lynchburg. We left on Thursday morning and drove ten hours. Britt is a senior at Liberty University and will graduate in May. We stayed at Brittney's apartment. We had so much fun! We met many of Brittney's friends; saw some we already knew. Ben came and hung with us some; he works alot of hours and is also taking classes. Friday morning Ash & Britt went to Convocation (campus chapel), then to a class. I met the girls on campus and we went to lunch with Carol Godwin. Carol's son, Ben and Brittney are dating. We had a wonderful lunch. It was pouring down rain. After lunch, we went back to LU and went to the bookstore and looked around the campus. That night we went out to a great restaurant called Neighbors. We took one of Brittney's best friends, Meghan, with us. We slept in on Saturday and then went shopping. We had to find Britt a dress for the Junior-Senior they will be having this Spring. It is a black/white affair; we found her a lovely dress. That night both girls had homework to do; so we got Japanese take-out and hung around the apartment. We came home on Sunday. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to; the weather wasn't so great. Here are a few I did take. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jon said...

"I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to; the weather wasn't so great."

It's called Drenchburg for a reason.

Unknown said...

Hi Joy! When you make your plans to head to Woodstock, let me know! I'd love to meet you in person!!
Blessings to you my friend!

Rhonda said...

Hi Joy. I saw your comment on my blog. Your girls are beautiful! I have two grown sons and a beautiful 11 year old granddaughter. You must live in the northern part of the state. I live on the gulf coast. The Gulf of Mexico is 10 miles from my front door. It is close enough to enjoy, but far enough it doesn't come "in" the front door during hurricanes. I hope to blog more often, but as you can see from my last post being a full time mom and grandmother takes up quite a bit of my time. :) I'm off to start a couple of new projects. I'm trying to work on some outside yard things before the summer heat sets in "next month". It gets hot here pretty early. We seem to skip spring and go straight to summer. :)
Have a great day!
God Bless,
Rhonda

Tracey said...

Love the pictures! So glad y'all had a good time! We have Spring Break next week and I am soooo looking forward to a little "down" time. I've been so busy and I've been sick to boot!

Hope all is well...

Love and miss ya!
Tracey

Janet Hunt said...

Joy! Your girls are absolutely beautiful! They look just like you! Wow!