Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Life & Times of the Williams































Hi everyone!! Sorry for the delay in blogging. There has been alot going on. I told you I'd blog about Brittney's college graduation. We had an incredible weekend. We got there on Thursday afternoon and picked up Brittney and went out to dinner. Ashlyn stayed with Brittney all weekend for some sister time. Friday we went around campus, Brittney had grad practice; family started coming in. We had a relaxed day. That evening we all met up at Brittney's favorite restaurant in town for a family graduation dinner. We had such a nice time just being together and honoring her. From there we all headed to the church for Baccalaureate. Dr. Tim LaHaye was the speaker and did a wonderful job. After this we went for ice cream with my brother, Jim and his wife, Leslie. We woke up Saturday morning early; the processional began at 8:30 a.m. We had incredible seats; thanks to Dad :) Chuck Norris was the graduation speaker. He did so good. I was trying not to cry; it was on the tip of my eyes all morning. We were so blessed to have Brittney only four rows behind us; so we got to see her very close. Liberty graduated over 4800 students; it was crowded; over 20,000 people were there. When we saw Brittney start walking in the procession; I started boohooing. You say ... she already graduated high school; this isn't anything new. Yes ... BUT this is still different. This is a different finality ... she's done with school, out more from our umbrella of protection, off to a new career; on her own and I'm not ready :( She is!! That's good. That is the way God intended it to be, I know this in my head. It's my heart that's causing the trouble. Brittney got to sit by two of her best friends; Jen and Dave. When they moved their tassels, Brittney teared up which didn't help me ONE bit!! After graduation we headed out to Britt's favorite Japanese restaurant. From there we went and hung at her apartment; then went to a graduation party with several of Brittney's friends. We got to meet parents; we had a great time. Most of the family members had to head back home. We spent one more night; we couldn't leave!! On Sunday morning, we headed home. I hated leaving her; she was sad to see us leave. It was a great, memorable weekend we'll never forget. We are so proud of both of our girls. God has richly blessed us. The pictures are of various things from graduation weekend ... some are from her graduation dinner. You must notice the Barbie she received. This girl owned every Barbie ever made. She played Barbie's almost every day of her little life. She had the motor home, Barbie house, beds, clothes; massive story lines; weddings between Barbie/Ken; fusses, church, you name it. When Tim and I saw this; we had to have it!
I wanted you to see my pretty flowers that are blooming. Tim/I went to Home Depot last weekend and bought some flowers for my hanging pots on our fence. They are so pretty. See my Gerber daisies? Those are some of mine, the girls favorite flowers.
We celebrated this week Tim's birthday. We took him to Long Horn's; that is where he wanted to go. We had a good time together.
Remember in a previous post I had showed you something I bought from Stein Mart? Wa la ... Tim put it up in our Master Bath. I LOVE it. It is right at my jacuzzi tub. When I soak now; I will be reminded (not that I needed it) to RELAX. No problem. A bubble bath is my best friend. These are the niftiest things; I am thrilled with it.
I pray everyone has a nice weekend. We've got family coming in this weekend; so I'll blog soon. God bless you!





4 comments:

Jon said...

Where are some pictures of Uncle Jon and Carson on their visit? Hmmm...??

Joy said...

OK - check out the blog on Carson!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

Hey Mrs. Joy,
Please tell Brittney "Congratulations"!!!! I'm so happy for her. :)
~Lyndsay

Betsy said...

Hey Joy! This is Betsy Foote Smith. I just tried to send a comment, so if you got the first one just ignore this. Sounds like you all are doing well. Where is Alabama do you live? I have family in Huntsville.

Your girls are beautiful.

Please tell your parents that Chad and I said hello.

Will keep in touch with our blogs!
Betsy