Friday, April 25, 2008

Week of Heaven!






























Hi Everyone! Has everyone been doing good? I hope so. We are doing good. We got back last weekend from Perdido Beach. We had so much fun; we did not want to come home. Ashlyn's youth choir had a quick choir tour; Tim preached for it. They had a good week. I headed on down early to Perdido and had a day to myself on the beach before they came in that Wednesday night. There was hardly anyone on the beach; which is wonderful; because we know how it gets in the Summer. I don't know about you all; but I can do some great thinking, mind clearing laying on a beach. It's one of the most calming things I do in my life. If I have any problems going on; by the end of a beach week; it's OK and the Lord has spoken to me and helped me sort things out. Anyway ... we stayed at a small condo; a two bedroom/two bath; it was just right for the three of us. Brittney wasn't here this Spring Break. She'll be with us this Summer for our beach trip.

We enjoyed the beach, laying out, walking on the beach, Ashlyn and I eating our shaved ice. We went out to eat at night; then would go to the outlets or beach shops and just hang around. We headed back to the condo, turned on the radio (Delilah Love Songs - ahhhhh) and would open up the patio doors and sit and listen to the waves. It was glorious. We ate the first night at The Original Oyster House; then the second night at The Crab Trap in Perdido. Both were great!

We came back to reality; which we were not ready for. School started back, work, cooking :( - ha ha. Tim drove to Huntsville, Alabama for a revival and had 28 saved; isn't that wonderful? On his way home Thursday; he met and had breakfast with Phil Waldrep then headed home. Thursday night, we met Ashlyn and her boyfriend, Ben, at the new Mexican restaurant in town for supper. It was really good.

Oh and Tim had given me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE as part of my Valentines gift. Another piece of Heaven to this girl! We have a great spa in town called Smart Skin Spa and I entered into the candle-lit, quiet music playing room and chilled for one hour. I was like a dish rag when Kasi got through with me. I called Tim right after I did it and he said my words were slurred I was so relaxed!! I will definitely do that again. I think I'd like to commit to at least four times a year - yes?

I pray everyone has a great week. There are people around us hurting. Ask the Lord to help you minister to someone today.

Here are pictures above from our vacation. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know you should never purposely instill jealousy in your sisters like this. lol Seriously, your week at the beach has me looking even more forward to the one we have coming up this month...woooo-hooo! I can smell the salt and feel the sand already.

Joy said...

I beg forgiveness!! I just couldn't help myself :) Where will you be going to the beach? Have a wonderful time. It is "Heaven on Earth" :)

Love - Joy

P.S. I pray your conference goes well.